I had recently been looking for a fish finder with Bluetooth. I often fish at the lakes near my house and also travel on fishing trips quite a bit. My friend who also likes to fish a lot told me about the iBobber Fish Finder.
Most of the fish finders that I looked at were pretty expensive, and I didn’t want to spend a lot of money upfront since I couldn’t guarantee that the products would work.
Table of Contents
- What Is the iBobber Fish Finder?
- How It Works
- Product Details
- Inside the Box
- iBobber Fish Finder Features
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’S)
- Relevant Resources
View More Images on Amazon
Following my friend’s suggestion, I came across the iBobber Fish finder. Finally, a product that was within my price range and seemed relatively easy to use! I couldn’t wait to try it out and immediately went out to the lake as soon as it arrived.
I’ve used it twice so far and had great experiences both times. It’s small enough to throw into my tackle box and go wherever I want.
What Is the iBobber Fish Finder?
The iBobber fish finder is a portable fish finder that you can attach to a fishing rod. It turns on when you cast it into the water as long as your Bluetooth is synced up. The best part is that it tells you if there are fish in the area that you cast it in. Now you don’t have to waste any more time trying to catch fish that aren’t there. The iBobber does all that work for you.
How It Works
The iBobber fish finder utilizes sonar technology to map the waterbed and identify the area and surface level of the fish. Once the mapping is complete, the illustration is displayed on your device using Bluetooth’s technology.
The sonar scans up to 135 feet and also checks the weather and water conditions. Green tags mark fish over 15 inches and orange tags mark fish under 15 inches. Cast in as many areas as you want to map and find out where the most action will be.
The iBobber fish finder is small. It weighs 1.6 ounces and can easily fit in your tackle box when you take it out on a fishing trip. At the cost of less than 100, there isn’t any other product of the same quality for such a reasonable price. The app is free, and everything is easy to set up. I love that it tracks the weather, calendar, and water conditions, so I can log each experience to refer to if needed.
Inside the Box
There aren’t that many items included in the box. When I opened it, it was easy to unpack. The items in the box included the iBobber itself, a product guide, the USB charger, and a carrying case. Everything was straight forward and easy to set up. Other than these items, all you need is your phone to sync up to the app.
- Identifying the area and depth that the fish were at enabled me to catch fish in places I normally wouldn’t.
- It saves time from trying to catch fish in a place even without a lot of fish crowded around.
- App on my iPhone was easy to use.
- Easy to cast
- Price point is extremely reasonable.
- Trip log documents all details of the session to refer to for future trips.
- The out of water sensor was faulty at times.
- First time took a while to connect to the Bluetooth. I closed the app and opened again, and it connected immediately.
- The product does not read depths less than five feet.
- The battery didn’t last as long as I expected.
iBobber Fish Finder Features
- Castable ibobber with sonar technology down to 135 feet
- Waterbed mapping up to 100 feet.
- Bluetooth technology with free device app for iPhone or Android.
- GPS tags and trip log document date, weather, water conditions, location, type of fishing, number of fish caught.
- It weighs 1.6 ounces.
- Fish and Strike Alarms.
- 11 Languages.
- One-Year Limited Warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’S)
Q: Do You Need to Have Cellular Service or WiFi?
A: No, you do not need to be within range of cell service or be connected to WiFi. The product uses Bluetooth’s technology, and the iBobber application can run on your iPhone or android device without being in service range.
Q: Will the Waterbed Mapping Work in Dark or Muddy Water?
A: Yes. The device uses sonar technology, so the consistency of the water doesn’t matter. It will map any surface despite the visibility of the water and display an illustration on the app. It will also work in fresh or salt water
Q: Does the iBobber Come With a Warranty?
A: It has a one-year limited warranty.
The iBobber fish finder is an excellent product, and I would highly recommend it. I was pleasantly surprised by how accurate it was in reading the surface map and identifying where the fish were in that area.
It was very easy to use, and I was ready to put it to work in just a few minutes. It helped that there were a ton of fish in the area that day, but the iBobber took out all the guesswork. I’m writing my personal experience with iBobber fish finder review. I am very happy with my purchase, and I can’t wait to use it on my next fishing adventure!