Fishing is a beautiful pastime. It requires great patience as you drop anchor in a lake and set out your anglers waiting for the fish to come and have a bite. Would you like a device that can actually show you where there are much fish? You would be able to make a decent catch from such an area.
Table of Contents
- Raymarine Dragonfly 4 Pro View of the Water
- The Significance of Dragonfly Sonar Technology
- Use of Wi-Fi
- GPS Functions
- Raymarine Dragonfly 4 Pro Features
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’S)
- Relevant Resources
In fact, I can vouch for such Raymarine Dragonfly 4 Pro device as I own one. It is in many ways similar to the GPS instruments you find in cars directing you through the inner lanes of any city.
My Raymarine Dragonfly 4 Pro sonar can actually show me where there are shoals of fish. Ever since I attached this device to my boat, I have been able to treble my catch every day.
I do not have to wait for hours for the fish to come to me. I rather prefer going to them. Let me explain to you the benefits of using the product.
Raymarine Dragonfly 4 Pro View of the Water
Usually, when you go fishing, you would not be able to see the fish. This product enables you to locate where there is more fish. Using this product enables you to have a clear view of the water as well as the underwater objects.
Raymarine Dragonfly 4 Pro comes with a high-quality LCD screen that looks great from whichever angle you look at it. This product makes use of sonar frequencies to locate underwater objects and beams pictures of them on your screen.
The Significance of Dragonfly Sonar Technology
This product uses the wide spectrum CHIRP technology allowing for transmission of more sonar signals into the water. This technology enables the Dragonfly sonar to interpret the finer details and transmit the data to your smartphone as well.
You would be able to sense the exact depth of the object based on the data transmitted to the LCD screen. There is an additional sensor enabling you to read as well as judge the temperature of water.
Use of Wi-Fi
You can make use of the Dragonfly mobile app. The product makes integrated use of Wi-Fi for transmitting the signals to your smartphone or your iPad. This is particularly useful when there is more than one angler on board the boat. Each of them will receive the action as it unfolds. Thus, you need not strain your eyes looking into the single LCD screen. You can view the same information on your smartphone as well.
The GPS function works in the same way you see in an automobile. It can show you the contours as its shows you on land. This can allow the anglers to fish in areas where there are shoals of fish. This GPS function can track the lakes, rivers, as well as oceans.
It can track movements on shallow as well as in deep waters. You would also be able to save your routes on the GPS chart-plotter and transfer the routes and other points via the SD card to other devices as well. The function also allows the anglers to download the software upgrades from the Raymarine web site directly.
Also Read: Best Humminbird Fish Finder Reviews
The biggest advantage of this device is the portability. You would be able to carry the device with you wherever you go. You can use it in a medium sized boat, kayak, or even on a big fishing boat as well. The device is easy to dismantle and install.
- GPS functionality: The GPS functionality is the main advantage of this device. It can show you the directions underwater as well.
- Screen Resolution: The Dragonfly 4 comes with a super clear screen display. You would be able to view the images from any angle.
- Screen Size: The screen size is big enough for you to see from a long distance. This is especially if you use the device on a bigger boat.
- Sonar Performance: The device works because of sonar frequencies. Using this data, the device can direct you to places where you can find large quantities of fish.
- The size of the transducer is the only disadvantage according to the many reviews of people who have used this product.
Raymarine Dragonfly 4 Pro Features
- Excellent display
- Sharp pictures
- You can have the advantage of viewing from any angle
- GPS functionality enables use of the rivers, lakes, and oceans
- CHIRP transducer with water temperature control
- You can use the facility of the Micro SD card reader for saving the snapshots.
- The sonar facility enables you to track underwater obstacles as well as find fish.
- Live streaming of the sonar data on to your smart devices using the Wi-Fish mobile application
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’S)
Q: Can You Mount the Transducer Inside the Hull of the Kayak?
A: The transducer is quite long. It is about 8 inches long. You will not be able to mount the same onto the hull of the kayak. You may have to adjust the angle. However, it is difficult to do on the kayak.
Q: Is the GPS User-Friendly?
A: You have to say that the GPS is quite user-friendly. The device is perfect for salt-water locations. You may not be able to use it properly on the fresh water resources. However, as far as the US coastline and sea is concerned, this device is perfect.
Q: Can You Dismount as Well as Install It Easily?
A: Yes, you can dismount as well as install it on any location very easily.
One has always felt the need for a device that could help you to find fish instead of the fish finding its way into your trap. This device is a boon to the anglers. They would be able to increase the capacity of their catch manifold.
You would be able to locate areas where there are large quantities of fish. Your friends can see the data that you share by using the Wi-fish app. You could also store data using the SD cards. All these features make the device a much sought after one by the angler community.