Are you looking for an affordable and easy to use the fish finder? Well, if the answer is yes then the lowrance hook 3x is the best fish finder for you. Boasting sonar signals that enable a fisherman to detect the fish that may be around or under the boat. These sonar signals also assist in differentiating between fish and debris in murky waters.
Table of Contents
This fish finder has been around for some time and dates back to World War 2 and are great for smaller vessels. To easily and quickly detect fish targets, bottom structure, and contours, this fish finder features a LED- backlight.
What is more is it also feature a dual-frequency 83 or 200 KHZ broadband sounder™ operation with fish I.D and water-temperature sensor. They are also waterproof with a rate of IPX7 and a skimmer transducer that includes cable, bracket, and a blue connector plug.
Lowrance Hook 3x Technology
The lowrance hook 3X has two frequencies that can be changed between easily. When you want a fisherman wants to easily distinguish between fish and debris around the boat easily, 200 KHZ is the best frequency to use. When the search area is large, the 83 KHZ frequency is the best to use because it has a 60 degree cone of coverage. It is also the best when it comes to search beneath your boat.
Ease of Use
To control most of the features that come as part of the lowrance hook 3X fish finder, a simple press of a button is used. This makes using this fish finder very easy since the control panel is easy to read and operate and so no much know how of the equipment is required. To pick out objects that are at the bottom of the water, you benefit from the automatic and advanced signal process.
You can touch a single button of the menu and access the customizable features that include the sensitivity of the sonar, frequency, range, speed and the noise reduction option. It also has an alarm feature that you can use to set different tracking options. Also, you can zoom on any areas on the screen for a better look.
Lowrance hook 3X comes with a bracket when you purchase. The bracket allows you to easily adjust the angle of the fish finder. This ensures that you have a more clear view of your target. The fish finder is portable and you can easily remove from the boat when it’s not in use for security reasons.
The lowrance hook 3X can be used in both daytime and night-time conditions. This is a very important feature to the fisherman. Because different types of fish tend to be active at different times of the day.
This fish finder is easy to use. Because the power button doubles as the control button for backlight when fishing at night-time conditions. To enable you to see the display clearly in any light condition, the glare from the LED backlight is kept to a minimum.
- The lowrance hook 3X fish finder offers you the option to control the backlight to enable you see the display in any lighting condition
- With a simple press of a button, you can easily switch between the frequencies
- Without touching the settings, you are assured to clearly view the bottom of the water and the environs thanks to the Advanced Signal Process (ASP) that makes this fish finder as automatic as possible
- You don’t need to spend long hours trying to work out how this fish finder works because it is very easy to use
- When you purchase this fish finder, there are a few accessories that you miss out although you can purchase an all season pack separately. It includes12-volt battery and a charger, 2 stowaway utility boxes and an ice transducer water float and power cable.
- 3.5” LED-backlight color display screen
- Broadband Sounder™ identifies fish targets
- Dual-frequency 83 or 200KHZ operation that enable one to see beneath the boat
- Patented Skimmer™ transducer with built-in water temperature sensors
- Advanced Signal Processing (ASP) that reduces the need to manually change the settings
- Waterproof rate of IPX7
- Output Power: Max 180W RMS
- 320HX240W megapixel display resolution
This is so far the most affordable and yet efficient fish finder in the market. They are easy to operate and are highly recommended for the smaller boats, float tubes and kayaks. They can be used to fish in lakes, lakes and also in ice-fishing.