How many times has your fish finder left you high and dry? Look no further than the Vexilar Sonarphone with Transducer Pod, a high-tech, easy-to-use fish finder.
Table of Contents
- Wireless Connection
- Lightweight & Functional Design
- Powerful Output
- Easy to use & Multi-Function Design
- Vexilar SonarPhone Features
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Final Verdict
- Relevant Resources
The little unit combines a smartphone app with its internal WiFi hotspot to accurately gauge depth, water temperature, and any possible obstructions.
Designed for fishermen of all abilities and preferences, the features of this tool have revolutionized the way we fish; trolling, fly fishing and fishing from shore are all made easier with the SP100 SonarPhone.
You won’t need to worry about using your cellular data, incurring roaming charges, or being without a signal in remote locations. The Vexilar SonarPhone unit creates a WiFi hotspot, meaning you don’t need cell phone coverage. It also lets you use and share your signal when out with friends.
The SonarPhone app is available for iOS and Android devices and syncs quickly with the device. Once you start operating the unit, it sends HD quality, full-color images to your phone with a transmission speed of 100 Mbps.
Lightweight & Functional Design
The SP100 SonarPhone with Transducer Pod weighs in at only four ounces and has a self-contained battery pack. It’s small enough to fit comfortably in your pocket and packs easily, making it an excellent option for fishing expeditions, hikes, or camping trips.
Wireless technology removes the cables and wires that can get in the way. The unit is very sturdy, and the impact-resistant chassis allows it to be cast or thrown from shore, or pulled behind a boat, tracking in a straight line at speeds up to five miles per hour.
The 3.7V rechargeable lithium-ion battery can run for four continuous hours on one charge. The transducer pod is water-activated, automatically shutting down to save battery life. Re-charging the battery is easy – just connect the unit to any USB port, or bring along a portable charger for longer trips.
Depending on your charger strength, it can take 15 minutes to two hours to charge from empty to fully charged. The clearly-displayed indicator lets you know how much battery is remaining.
Easy to use & Multi-Function Design
The Vexilar Sonarphone with Transducer Pod was designed to provide you with a top-notch fish finder. It syncs quickly with your smartphone to gauge the water temperature, water obstructions, and surface clarity.
The unit can also be used as a depth sounder when towed behind a boat moving at slower speeds. The app has touch-screen control, letting you find the perfect fishing spot. In addition to the battery indicator, it features audible alarms for high-fish areas and shallow water.
Vexilar is well-known for producing quality products, and this is no exception. The first of its kind to combine sonar and smartphone technology. It helps you locate and track schools of fish at varying depths.
- Combining the full-color image displayed on your wireless device with your knowledge of the species you’re fishing can improve your odds at catching even more.
- The unit can travel out up to 100 yards, a great advantage when trying to decide your next steps.
- The box comes with the unit, charging cable and case – and that’s it. It doesn’t need a lot of instructions, but if you wanted some, you can always to get online.
- The self-contained battery can be re-charged, but not replaced. However, they have very responsive customer service so it shouldn’t be a problem.
- Wireless connection can take a few minutes to sync, and some Android users have had to open their advanced WiFi settings to keep their connection.
Vexilar SonarPhone Features
- I appreciate the 30-degree beam. It has a broad picture range to pinpoint schools of fish and shows fish and obstructions to a depth of 120 feet.
- The self-generated hotspot is excellent for remote locations where you don’t have cell coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: How Much Area Will the Unit Show?
A: The transducer has a 30-degree single beam cone angle – in ten feet of water, you should see a circle that measures about five feet.
Q: Will This Work Without Cell Phone Service- or a Cell Phone?
A: Yes, the SonarPhone creates its WiFi hotspot, so your wireless-enabled device can connect. You don’t need cell phone coverage for it to work, but you do need a device compatible with iOS 4.3 and Android 2.0.
Q: Can This Be Used for Ice Fishing?
A: While some people do use this for ice fishing, it’s not recommended by the manufacturer, who designed the unit with a wide cone and meant it to be used for open water fishing.
In my opinion, this is an excellent option if you’re looking to add some of the latest technology to your tools. There are only a few improvements that could enhance the Vexilar SonarPhone with Transducer Pod, and those are minor compared to all of the benefits it can bring to your fishing.